The Carmelites are an 800-year-old Roman Catholic religious order devoted to Our Lady of Mount Carmel and the Prophet Elijah. The Carmelites seek the presences of God and call others to a deep connection with our Lord.
Through their evangelical vows of Chastity, Poverty, and Obedience, the Carmelites help serve others in over 50 countries and through various ministries ranging from teachers to foreign ministers. Through their work, the Carmelites listen for the whisper of God and to announce His justice.
The Carmelite Campus is located at Bailey Road and North Frontage Road in Darien, Illinois. We are conveniently located just off the 273B exit of I-55, 20 miles southwest of Chicago on 40 beautiful acres. The Campus is home to several spiritual destinations:
The Campus is also the location of a number of Carmelite offices including:
- Provincial Headquarters of the Order of the Most Pure Heart of Mary, a province of the Order of Carmelites (www.ocarm.org).
- Carmelite Missions, Carmelite priests, sisters, and laity helping God’s poor people in many mission lands throughout the world.
- Lay Carmelites, lay members living the charism of the Carmelite Order.
- Carmelite Media, the media office for the Order of Carmelites.
- Society of the Little Flower, spreads devotion to Carmelite saint Therese of Lisieux and raises funds to support the mission of the Carmelites.
Spend a day, a weekend, or even a week-long retreat with us and reconnect with God.